Official Rules- BASEBALL FOR KIDS (BFK)
The Tournament Rules provided for each coach and shall be the Tournament Rules that govern these events are the American League rules. The DH and EH can be used by any team. American League rules are used as it pertains to the DH. The EH is an actual position in the lineup. The EH can change positions as any other position ballplayer. If you use the EH and at any time you lose a player and do not have another player to replace him then when the EH position comes up in the order there will be an automatic out.
- Pitcher rules are the same as high school except for the number of visits a coach can make in an inning (second visit and the pitcher needs to be replaced).
- Contact rules are the same as the high school rules. Contact with a player must be avoided when possible.
- Games can be started with a minimum of 8 players. When the 9th player position comes up in the batting order, it will be an automatic out.
- If a player or coach or fan is ejected by an umpire or tournament official he could be ineligible to be at the next game. This is based on the report of the umpire or tournament official on site at the game.
- Re-entry rule is allowed for starters only (High School rules).
3) Least amount of runs scored against. 5) Flip of a coin by tournament official.
In pool play if the game is tied at the end of regulation play (7 innings) and there is still a tie after the time limit then the game will end as a tie with each team getting 1/2 win & 1/2 loss. In the championship round we will use the California Tie-Breaker (The rules are below). In the event of darkness the game will be called at that point and will be official no matter the number of innings. If the home team is trailing at the point and not able to bat then the score will revert to the previously completed inning. If in championship game the score is tied when the game is called because of darkness, the teams will be co-champions.
Any protest is reviewed and determined by umpires and Tournament Director. All decisions are final.
PLEASE REVIEW THE RULES., WHEN IN DOUBT AMERICAN LEAGUE RULES APPLY.
ALL COACHES MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH TOURNAMENT RULES AND PROCEDURES FOR THIS EVENT
There will be no refunds issued for cancellations made 1 month prior to scheduled start date. Any refunds issued for cancellations made more than 1 month prior to the scheduled start date may take up to 45 days to process.
California Tie-Breaker Rules:
The player who made the last out in the previous inning will be placed at 2nd base with no one out. The inning starts from there. The team that scores the most runs in that inning will be the winner of the game.
If you play one game only, you will receive a 50% credit toward a future BFK Summer or Fall tournament.
If you start only 1 game and don't complete 4 innings, you would receive a 75% credit toward a future BFK Summer or Fall tournament.
If you play 2 games (minimum 4 innings each) there is no refund.
If you are not able to play any games then you would receive a 100% full credit toward a future BFK Summer or Fall tournament.