Meet HWOB's Full-Time Coaches
Terry Hardtke (Part-time hitting coach)
- Former Head Coach at De Anza College.
- Hitting Coach at San Jose State University. The 1993 team beat all time team batting average set in 1957
- High School coach for 16 years.
- Currently an Associate Scout with the Atlanta Braves
- Terry works with Amateur & Professional baseball players in evaluating their skills and assisting in improving mental game
Jason Hardtke, President
- Currently a Minor League Manager (Visalia) with Arizona
- 12 Years as a Professional Baseball Player.
- 3 Years in the Majors (Mets 1996 1997& Cubs 1998)
- All-State H.S. Baseball Player (1988, 1989, 1990)
- Mercury/News Baseball Player of the Year (1990)
- Member of the U.S. Olympic Festival Team (1988)
- Member of the U.S. Olympic Team - 1999 Pan American Games
- Graduate of Overfelt High School.
- San Jose City College (Drafted by four MLB Teams)
- Cal State Fullerton (1981-82)
- Signed with New York Yankees
- Held Nattie George Baseball Camps in NorCal for 10 years.
- HWOB Hitting & Fielding Instructor for 25 years
- All-League; Wilcox High School
- Played at University of Hawaii-Hilo
- Instructor at HWOB since 1999.
- 13 years in professional baseball
- 1989 graduate of Leland High School
- All-Pac 10 outfielder at Arizona State University
- Drafted by Florida Marlins in 1992
- Won Florida State League batting title 1995
- Most Valuable Player in Northern League 2000
- Gold Glove winner - Mexicali/Mexican Winter League
- Has worked with Terry Hardtke since 1986
- Played at Leland HS-1st Team All-League
- Played at West Valley & Cypress JC’s
- Santa Teresa Tournament MVP
- Travel Ball Showcase Player
- FMR Umpire for Redwood Empire League
- Has coached youth league players since 2002.
- Has experience as Private Instructor & Camp/Clinic Instructor.
- Affiliated with HWOB for 10 years
- Played at Westmont High School
- Coached 2002 Summer Ball Program at HWOB
- Coached 2002 Fall Ball Program at HWOB
- Hitting/Fielding Coach @ Westmont High School
- Instructor at HWOB for the past 2years
- Has worked in Youth Baseball for 9 years
- 4 yr. starter at Los Altos HS. Member of 1992 & 1995 CCS Championship team. 3-time Mercury News Player of the week.
- Received scholarship to San Jose State. 2-time WAC player of the week.
- Holds several Spartan records including career home runs, RBI's, doubles and walks.
- Have done several camps and clinics in the Bay Area for quite a few years.
- Still active playing softball in several leagues at Twin Creeks.
- All League HS Player at Pioneer
- Signed by the Phillies in '76
- Played in Carolina League and American Assoication (Wichita Aeros)
- Involved in youth sports for 25+ years
- Coached at Leland HS, Leigh HS, Gunderson and Oak Grove HS
- Coached in Western Baseball League '00
541 Division St. Building B Campbell, CA 95008 OFFICE: (408) 866-8050 FAX: (408) 866-8088
HWOB Part-Time Coaches
. All Section Player Jr. & Sr. Years @ Grossmont HS
. Two Time All-American @ Univ. Of Pacific.
. Twice Was All Big West Conference First Team.
. Holds the single season (17) & career (37) Home Run Records.
. Drafted in the 7th round in 2007 by the San Diego Padres.
. In his first two years with the Padres he led his team in extra base hits and RBI's.
. Played 4 years before injuries caused his retirement.
. His wife, Alexa was a local volleyball standout at Los Gatos HS and the University of Pacific.
- Former High School Coach (Leland & Branham)
-All-CCS at Lincoln High School
Santa Teresa League MVP
- Played at San Jose City College (All Conference)
- As a Coach for the Vipers they won the State Championships at the 14U & 15U ages. National runner-up at the 16U Level.
- Currently, has 6 players playing professional baseball, one currently in the big leagues.
- Dan has two sons who both currently attending college & playing baseball .
-Played HS Baseball for Brookfield Central (WI)
-32-1 Record with 3 No-hitters
-1st Team All-State for 2 years
-Played College Baseball at Illinois State.
-Pitcher of the Year
-1st Team All-Region
-In the Top 5 for K's per 9 innings in the nation.
-Coached High School Baseball for 2 years.
-Have coached Youth Baseball Players for 9 years.